Sunday, October 7, 2012

Keeping Up

Well, dang it, this photo is suppose to be at the bottom.  In fact all these photos are in reverse order.  But here we go anyway.  I finally have one room in the house complete, the kids' bathroom.  Addison went to town creating our wall canvases which gives the room a nice pop of color.
On Friday I took the kids to the pool and we left with Addison carrying a full load in her swim diaper!  That was my final breaking point.  We came home and started intensive potty training.  We have spent the last two day outside from wakeing up to bed time working on putting pee in the potty.  If I were rich I would hire someone to do this for me.  No one told me potty training was this much work and stressful for the mom!  For each success Addison gets a potty prize, M&M's or cookies, and gets to do a project.  Those who know her best know this kids loves her some projects.  These have probably been the best motivator for her.  But let me tell ya, it's exhausting me being "on" for 12+ hours a day.  Thank goodness Daddy was home yesterday for the day.  His help was much welcomed and appreciated.  He helped keep Addison busy between pottty breaks by making creative activities which included a treasure dig, (Thanks Grandma Jodi for the sandbox!).
It's so fun to see how much these two like eachother.  Addison always looks at E and says, "He's so cute!" in a super high pitched voice.  Amd she always asks to "pet" him.  Easton in return loves to watch Addison flit around all day.
What am I suppose to say when this little chocolate covered face asks, "You get me one more cookie please?"  Of course I gave her another and then Ryan informed me she had already had 1 1/2 while I was out walking.  She royally scored that night.
In the afternoon we go enjoy the weather.  Perfect weather to take a nap in.
Another potty activity, playing super hero!


Here's a close up of some of the wall "art" I did for the kid's bathroom.  It's going to have wording that says, "Don't forget to..." and then each picture will say clean your ears, wash your hands, etc.  Ryan thinks I should take down the buns one, but what else do I put up there?  Besides, it's not a guest bathroom only family will see it.
So back to the potty training.  We are making progress but it's no fun.  How come none of you all told me about this part?  And how the heck am I going to teach Easton to "aim?"  I don't have a hose of my own.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures in the bathroom!! I love how Addison's canvas art turned out. Hmmmmm..potty training. Bribery is the only advice I have for you. Money works well!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the buns picture...super cute!
    For E's potty training I've heard throw in a cheerio and give him something to aim for or use your cricut to make a vinyl target, clean the toilet and stick 'er down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my--I am satisfied for a week or so now. Aaaaah! Love, love this blog stuff--have I ever told you that before(lol)

    ReplyDelete