Monday, October 22, 2012

The Holiday Season Has Begun.

I came back from running errands one morning to find this little pink fairy walking towards our house.  Our neighbors had a garage sale and Ryan had bought two bags full of dress up clothes.  Addison was in heaven for the rest of the day.  She had so much fun trying on one costume after the other.  This little pink fairy one is her favorite.  And I was really impressed with how well Ryan had done her hair too.  I remember when my Mom had foot surgery my Dad and to drive us kids down to our friends house every morning so our friends Mom could do our hair for school.  I'm glad to have an in house stylist!  And if you think about it, it's pretty amazing that he can wrap those tiny rubber bands around her hair with those big 'ol fingers!
A hot day isn't complete without a Popsicle!
This week we started gearing up for Halloween with monster mice for lunch.  Addison ate the head first.
I was Skyping with Summer one afternoon when Addison woke up from her nap and came downstairs like this.  She told me she looked "fancy."  I had to agree, she certainly was some kind of fancy.
Addison also went through one of the most awesome rites of childhood this week.  Learning to lick the cake bowl.  It didn't take her very long to master.

We got Addison's mermaid princess costume in the mail from my Mom this week.  After a few additions it was ready for debut at our neighbors costume birthday party on Saturday.  Everyone raved it was the best mermaid costume they had seen.  They kept asking me if I made it, I wish I had those kind of skills like my Mom.  She's amazing!
We put on bronzer and watermelon lipstick and even crimped her hair to look like a mermaid.  She was in heaven!  Although, in this picture she looks out of it since it was right after she woke up from nap.
 And this little guy was quite the hit too!  People we didn't even know were taking his picture.
 And here's a close up so you can see his facial hair.  It's amazing what a mature 3month old he is!  Most 3month olds can't grow goatees that thick!

 Waiting for a turn at the pinata.
Little girls are so funny.  They were suppose to go to the back of the line to wait for another turn at the pinata.  Instead, they ran in circles screaming and whipping around their pinata strings.  The lady in the background, I know you all noticed her, came dressed as a gorilla.  Not an ideal costume with a bunch of little girls running around who don't quite have a grasp on reality and pretend.  But I think it was scarier when she took off the costume.  While taking pictures on my knees she walked in front of me and her booty was hanging out of her shorts.  Ahhh!  Much scarier!
 Watch this dance party Addison and Aurora have, while Aurora plays music on her hand clapper.


So the holiday season is upon us!  Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. So,so cute. Tell Ryan I am impressed with his skills--hair AND girl clothes shopping. Easton was a hit, of course! That goatee is a hoot. Addison looks like she was having so much fun no matter what anyone else thought. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costumes are adorable! Great job on the mermaid get up Cec! Easton is very handsome too. What do you suppose he is thinking in the picture of Addison licking the cake bowl and he's strapped in his car seat, not able to even have a teeny taste?? xxoo

    ReplyDelete