Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's Official

It's official, Addison is One year old and all the birthday celebrations are over. We had originally planned her birthday party for today, Saturday, when Ryan would be back home from the boat. However, he pulled back in early on Thursday and left again today. I was good because he was able to be with her on her actual birth day. But what to do about the party he would be missing on Sat? At about 4:30pm on Thur he asked me if we could hold it that night. Umm, (my mind raced flipped through all the preparations I was planning on starting that night. Prepare tacos, make and decorate cupcakes, make a table runner, decorate the dining room, get balloons, make Brazilian limeade.) Nope, no way could I pull that off that night, but maybe the next day. So we hurried and called everyone to see if they could swap days and sure enough we only lost four people due to school/work. Needless to say I was up until 2am that night getting everything in order. Ryan helped me a ton by doing the stuff that needed more muscle than I could manage, squeezing limes and rolling fondant, it's like rolling concrete. Throughout the early morning hours I kept thinking, "This is totally what being a mom is all about!" And I loved it.
I think Addison had a great party day. It started off right with both her Mom and Dad home which doesn't happen all that often. Ryan hung out with her during the morning so I could get stuff done and then they headed out to get balloons.
The party theme was hedgehogs and the cupcakes had to match of course. I never would have completed these without Ryan's help. They look a little ghetto due to us slapping them together in an hour. But they sure tasted great, chocolate and strawberry colada!
This was one of the test ones I did the night before and she was one of the cutest. I rolled the fondant between sheets of Press 'N Seal and it gave it some great texture. The little spikes look better too because I cut them in when the fondant was nice and moist.
Addison's little friend Chloe gave her this spiky ball and Addison loved it!
We had a few close friends over for tacos, lime-cilantro pineapple rice, Yummy!, Brazilian limeade, and cupcakes. It was a full and fun.
Opening Uncle Kyle and April's present.


Yep, that's Dad's present to her, two DVD players for the car. And what does she like better, her hair clips from Uncle Kyle and April, still in the package.
Her candle burned a pink flame.
When we all sang to her she kept looking around at us like, "What is going on?" She looked pretty confused.
All dainty again, at first.

And let the fun begin!

Her birthday morning playing in her kitchen. She is enjoying her kitchen more and more as she gets older.

The night of her actual birthday we went out to eat Mexican. The salsa was a little too spicy.
Ryan gave her some lettuce and from her reaction we figured she didn't really like it. Piece by piece she piled up the lettuce in the corner. It was really funny to watch.
A birthday balloon she enjoyed bopping me with...repeatedly.Birthday fried ice cream.



We love this little girl so, so much. She has changed us in a lot of ways and all for the better. Our life is so much fuller and happier with her in them. So after "Almost One" birthday in UT, a fun birth day and a birthday part the next day the celebration is over, until next year.

3 comments:

  1. Hedgehogs! What a fantastic idea! So creative :) Looks like you had a great time- that is wonderful ryan could be there on the actual day!! You did an awesome job on everything- Addison is going to look back at pictures and say- yeah i sure do have a great mom and dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love love the birthday outfit. So cute! The cupcakes turned out pretty swanky too...they were cute! I miss her so much.
    -Sum

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me, Brooke. I can't believe you are still willing to be my friend when my kids will NEVER have a party like that one--for Addison's FIRST birthday. You crack me up. It is so fun watching you as a mom. And Ryan, too. What a guy... And those cupcakes are seriously amazing. I can't believe you did sculpted FONDANT on cupcakes. Amazing, I tell ya...

    So is your Christmas stuff up yet? :)

    ReplyDelete