Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Day

In the mornings I sometimes catch a little bit of Martha in between Addison's breakfast and mine. The other day Martha was making homemade lemonade. It's been so hot around her lately that I had the perfect opportunity to try it. Here's the end result and it tasted as good as it looked. My first time sugar rimming a glass, not too shabby. Here's the recipe:
2 Parts fresh squeezed lemon juice
5 Parts cold water
Sugar or Splenda to taste (I used Splenda)
Sugar rim your glass and pour lemon aid over crushed ice.

Our friends Bradd and Sam passed on this Leap Frog learn your alphabet magnetic alphabet and sound box. It's a good distraction for Addison when I have to be in the kitchen. She was down there playing with all the letters for awhile and I look over and she's LICKING the fridge! What is wrong with this kid? She tries to eat everything and this latest attempt proves the ANYTHING part. All I can say is it must be Ryan's genes because the Worlton kids never attempted to eat fridges. It made for a pretty funny moment though and I wish I could have gotten it on film.

1 comment:

  1. Those alphabet fridge magnets are a favorite for every little kid, I think. Your lemonade looks fabulous. I miss you Brooke. Please come back. And hurry and get your phone back--I need to ask your opinion about a dresser that I found on craigslist.

    ReplyDelete