Friday, January 16, 2009

Weekend Project

So with graduation fading off into the distant, the holiday season behind us, and no jobs to be found in the whole of Florence I'm starting to realize I really don't have homework or term projects to work on or worry about. Wow, that was a great run-on sentence! Way to go UofO education. I've begun to get the itch...no not crabs, not hives, the creativity itch! I love the fact that I now have time (although not exactly as much mullah as I'd like, dang) to indulge my decorating passion. So with only five months to go in our house I thought it was a good time to finish up our bedroom. I had previously painted the upper and lower wall color. (The colors are more washed out in the picture than in reality.) We had the trim sitting in the garage for six months and drape material in the closet for even longer. Sheesh. So I thought it was time to dig it all out and wrap the project up. So this last weekend Ryan put up the chair rail for me and I sewed up the drapes & dug out some old curtain rods. The drapes are a green/blue dupioni, love that material! I just wish the true color would come through in the pic. All that is left is some furniture painting, bed linens, & wall art/pictures. For all intents and purposes (Ann that one's for you) I do know that the picture to the left of the drapes is not in the right spot. I hung it before I put up the drapes. It will shortly be removed. Just for anyone who cares to know.

3 comments:

  1. It's lookin' pretty fabulous, but I still can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You freakin crack.me.up! I love the decorations...way to go with that sewing machine. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Brooke. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete