Saturday, August 4, 2012

EASTON'S HERE!

My Mom arrived on July 11th in anticipation of Easton and to pass the time she did lots of projects with Addison.  They painted magnets.
Watched movies and ate popcorn.
Watched the clouds pass while enjoying the warm weather.
Made parfaits and...
Addison's favorite, cupcakes!  Just some of their projects they did while waiting for the big day!
This picture is at the request of April.  This is right before we headed out the door to the hospital.
They are tough cookies at this hospital, no deodorant, no make-up, no contacts, no shaving the day before, not even hairspray!  But I was a rebel, I put on water proof eye liner and mascara the day before so that morning I still had some on and I technically didn't break the rules.
We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am for a 7:30am c-section.  My Mom stayed back at the house with Addison until Easton was born.  In no time flat we were hearing Easton cry and saw his little face for the first time.
One proud Daddy!  We were waiting to get out of recovery when I took this picture of them.  Addison was a little apprehensive when she came to see Easton at the hospital.
 She slowly edged over.
 And then she was fine.
 She was very nurturing right from the start and continues to be very helpful when we ask her for favors.
 Who's more thrilled?

 Not once has she complained of his crying...yet.
IV fluids do a number on c-section babies.  He lost quite a bit of his puffiness over the first few days.
 We came home on Sunday.  This was Addison's first time holding her brother at home.
 Loving on the little guy.
 Grandma Jodi arrived on Tue. and fell in love again.
 Addison fell in love with Grandma's ipad.
Easton arrived on Friday, July 20th at 8:13am weighing in at 9.6lbs (1oz under Addison) and 20" long (1/2" shorter than Addison.)  We are enjoying getting to know this sweet new spirit and realizing all the wonderful blessing we have been given.

4 comments:

  1. Love these pics Brooke. What a couple of miracles you and Ryan have given us...Thanks! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks tons! for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful experience...I'm available for babysitting too, just need 12 hours notice and a round-tripticket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys!!! Two perfectly beautiful blessings!!! I am sure that your mom enjoyed her time with you guys!!! i am getting excited to have my parents up here closer to us and the girls!!!! Enjoy your baby and your famiy!!! I am so happy for you guys!!
    love ya,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so amazing to see how much Easton has grown and filled out. I love seeing the change! Whatever you guys are doing, keep it up...both of my grandbabies look beautifully perfect! xxoo

    ReplyDelete