Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

The last of the snow is all melted and we have had a string of warm weather days. The last two days I took Addison outside to get down in the yard and play. We've been able to make a good dent in cleaning up the flower beds for the season. Addison loves being outside. She's dug in the dirt, raked up leaves, and pulled weeds. Today, we saw a mole pop up from the flower bed we were working on and then scurry across the way from us and go down another hole. Pretty interesting. Addison also had her first encounter with a worm. I picked it up and gave it to her which at first she wasn't too thrilled with. She threw it down and then on second thought picked it back up. I wanted so badly to capture it on film but I don't trust her. It would take me far longer than two seconds to run in the house and get the camera and in that time she can get into a LOT of mischief. And about two nanoseconds after that thought flew through my mind the worm was IN her MOUTH! She ripped it right out of there when I yelled, "No, get it out of there!" and then promptly ripped the poor thing in half. That was the end of her worm experience. I took Mr. Worm's, now, two body segments and put him back into the dirt.
And I know she loved every minute of it. I think the dirt in her diaper proves it or maybe the dirt she insisted on grinding into her hair.

3 comments:

  1. M-M-M-M-M- lots of protein in them there worms -- she sure makes me smile--lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute overalls... are they Carhart??

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! I love that wagon.

    ReplyDelete