Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Projects

So here are some of the projects we've completed for Addison's room so far. Thank goodness for Ryan, he's been painting the heck out of all my projects...with few complaints. First up a little side table I found at a furniture store for $21. The before... And after.




The top. I origionally wanted to upholster under the glass but couldn't find any fabric I loved. For now a scrapbook paper will have to do. I am still on the hunt for some contemporary lattice fabric and I may add a band of color around what is now the paper part. The front might also get a band of color under the tray top.


I really wanted to incorporated this story my Grandpa would always tell us kids. He would only ever tell us this one so when I found this great pair of fillagree mirrors I knew what to do. And thanks to my mom I had a Cricket waiting in the closet to cut some vinyle with.
I'll post pictures of both of them once they are all hung on the wall. Notice the lovley ship border in the background, that is coming down shortly.
And coming shortly...the after of the dresser/changing table.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke! It is a small world! Its good to see you guys are doing well and expecting a little girl. We love both of ours! :0)
    We have been in Hawaii for over 3 years and will be transferring this next transfer season. I'm happy to go although I will miss the beaches, John on the other hand really would like to stay since the weather is perfect for surfing, golfing, softball, and any other outdoor activity. We are looking at possibly going back to Oregon or Washington, although we may try Connecticut...who knows? :0) Oh! Try fabric.com for material. They have a pretty good selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh, I'm loving it! I can't wait to see the whole room put together! Man, I wish you were still here. Yesterday I had a showing at my house and I only had a twenty minutes to straighten up, AND I was babysitting Caleb! Needless to say, I was sweating like crazy when the people got here. Oh, boy...anyway...talk to you soon. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete