Thursday, April 22, 2010

Random Happenings

We looked out the window one day last week and saw this fox in the field across from our house. I've seen him on another occasion since. I don't think I'll let Addison play in the yard alone for awhile! On Saturday we got out of the house to enjoy the warming weather. We went GeoCacheing around town. On of the caches were located along the Ahnapee Trail. Near the end we saw what looked like a stump on the road. Ryan asked if it was a piece of wood or a cat.
As we got closer it moved! It was a critter of some sort. I thought it looked like a beaver minus the beaver tail. I asked our YW leader on Sunday and she said it was muskrat.








Another cache was located near this old brick church. Around back we found this pump and Ryan, by working it for awhile, found out that it still worked. We tried to get a picture of Addison with it but the wind kept taking her breath away.

Ryan and Addison in front of the church doors. This is just five minutes outside of town and you are in the country. Pretty cool. There are as always lots of barns around too.
On the Ahnapee trail. This was the first time we used the backpack and Addison really liked it. While I was packing her around she even fell asleep. She loves being outdoors.


She was so super serious here. We couldn't figure out what was up.

Since being in the hospital Addison has really taking a liking to TV, errr, especially Baby Einstein Videos. We try to limit her to about 20 min of anything only a few times a week. Did you know TV early on can make kids have ADD? But she's sneaky and finds the TV even when we just have it on for background noise. At which time we quickly turn it off.
A week ago we had a week of really great weather. One day it even got to 82! Yipee. So Addison's and I had lunch on the deck. Or I should say I had lunch while she played.







2 comments:

  1. she is so cute! Wow she is getting big! She really cant sit in the rocking chair alone yet can she? Im sorry I dont posts comments on here alot but I do love reading them everytime you make a new post! I wish we could be closer! I have a baby gift for you and maybe one day I will get around to sending it lol! I miss you and love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You she is SO cute. It never gets old saying that. I LOVE the pic of her in the little rocking chair. :) Geocacheing is so fun. We just got a backpack like that for Adam, Joe is super excited to use it.

    ReplyDelete