Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Addison's Room Update

Here's a side view so you can really see the texture.

So here's the latest completed project in the baby's room. This wall will eventually be the backdrop for the crib. (The missing piece will be going up as soon as the glue is dry enough for the hanger on the back to stay on.) I origionally wanted to buy coffered ceiling parts and use them on the wall. Since I couldn' t find any that weren't a few thousand dollars I decided to use these instead. They are ceiling tiles. You know the ugly suspended ceiling in schools. The ones which are usually all water stained and have holes in them. Well these tiles are meant to replace the ugly holey panels and make them look better. But I thought they would work great as a wall treatment. I'm trying really hard to make the room a mix of modern and traditional. A very hard task as I always lean to the traditional side. Anyway I wanted a fun 3-D wall treatment and I love, love, love the way this turned out! Ryan really doesn't get it but he says he's good with it since I'm so in love with it. And the best part is when we move I can take them with us.









1 comment:

  1. I love it (of course)! I love everything you do! I just can't wait to see the whole room together. It's killing me to only get to see it in little pieces. OOOhhh...I can't wait!

    A pregnant witch--now THAT is scandalous! You looked aweseome. It was so sad to go to our Halloween party and have people tell me, "I can't believe you didn't dress up. You and Brian seem so much like the type of people who would come up with really cool costumes!" Man, I'm such a loser.

    ReplyDelete